Retailing Africa is a prestigious new business-to-business news site focussing on the retailing and consumer goods industry in South Africa and in Africa, launching February 2020.
This new media brand is being launched by respected media and marketing industry veterans and award-winning editors and journalists, Louise Burgers (previously Marsland) and Herman Manson. Both have launched and steered some of South Africa’s biggest media brands in the Marketing, Media, Advertising & FMCG Retailing industry. Their expertise and social capital will create a buzz around the launch of this publication. Retailing Africa is unique:
– Content will be journalism and research driven, providing strongly independent, exclusive news, opinion and analysis on one of the fastest growing and rapid developing, sophisticated sectors on the African continent.
– Newsletters will be a core focus, with two a week linking to a modern, easy-to-read, mobile responsive website spotlighting the headlines of the day/week.
– The brand will focus on retailers, brands and consumer trends across the African continent – the only global publication to do so – including the rise of ecommerce, mcommerce, a rising middle class, an infrastructure boom to aid logistics, rapid adoption of technology, and much more.
– There has never been a better time to launch a journalism-driven retail-focussed new media brand, with the Africa Continental Free Trade Agreement (AfCFTA) promising to be a gamechanger on the African continent over the coming new decade, bringing down trade barriers and creating the biggest trading block in the world.
– Seven of the 10 fastest growing economies in the world are in Africa and at SONA 2019, President Cyril Ramaphosa committed his Government to promoting “Buy Local” campaigns and encouraging retailers to stock more South African goods on their shelves; while at the same time promoting South African products more actively to the rest of the African continent and the world.
Brand Profile and Press Office opportunities:
We offer an opportunity to marketers and retailers to not only support a significant new content play to the benefit of the broader retail/FMCG sector, but to attach their brands to an exciting, independent and entrepreneurial challenger media brand. Whether you are a start-up making waves or a large brand focussed on continued innovation and reinvention, the benefits of standing out on Retailing Africa is clearly significant.
Our media release distribution service via our newsroom and brand profile offering gives retail and FMCG brand marketing departments broader industry visibility and more-active participation in discussions through the online dissemination of brand case studies, marketing news and top-line thinking.
A company newsroom also allows you to promote current campaign launches, new appointees and other company brand news on your profile. Headlines are featured on the front page of RetailingAfrica.com, and in our newsletter sent every Monday and Thursday, putting your news headlines in front of a niche audience of retail and FMCG marketers and service supplies across South Africa, Africa and the rest of the world.
The once-off fee is R11 900 per annum, which includes setup. This translates into a total monthly cost of less than R1000 a month. This will provide the clients with brand exposure: On the front page of RetailingAfrica.com and in our newsletter, to a target market which will include both FMCG manufacturers and retailers; ecommerce sites; technology service providers; retail analysts; the C-suite; CEOs; as well as global brands.
Our partnership with Brands & Branding
Connecting marketers to their peers Brand marketers, this is your opportunity to engage directly with industry stakeholders, fellow marketers and senior ad execs! Launched in 2017 the partnership between Brands & Branding and MarkLives.com has been extended to Retailing Africa, offering brand-marketing departments broader industry visibility and more-active participation in discussions through the online dissemination of brand case studies, marketing news and top-line thinking.
Brands & Branding is designed to facilitate the sharing of insights, methodologies and metrics, as well as to highlight great brands from South Africa and around the world, and this content is now amplified through digital platforms. The site extends the lifetime and audience of Brands & Branding content to a wider online audience of
marketers and ad-agency personnel.